This is a very simple, easy and healthy pasta dish for 4 people.
- 375g dried large shell pasta
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (ioptional)
- Finely grated parmesan cheese, to serve
First cook the pasta and garlic in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions until tender.
When cooked, drain, and reserve 1/4 cupof liquid.
Return the pasta to the pan, crush the glove of garlic and add back to yhe pasta.
Then add the oil, the ricotta, tomatoes, olives, parsley, pine nuts and the reserved liquid.
Cook, and keep tossing, over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined and heated through.
Serve pipping hot with parmesan, or cold as a pasta salad.